HAPPY NEW YEAR
Can you believe it’s the 1st of January already, where did 2017 go. Now I’m going to be honest and say I’m glad to see the back of 2017 it has been the hardest year of my life. I lost my wonderful and loving Daddy in June, his death came out of nowhere and shattered my world completely, at that point my life started to spin out of control. My health hit the gutter, I lost all control of my health and diet and gained back a stone and 1/2 I had already lost, I feel like I lost my identity and who I was and the icing on the cake was I had to have major surgery to replace my jaw joint, so as you can imagine I was flat on the floor praying for that something or someone would give me a break. But as my Daddy always said ‘When you are on the floor there is only one place left to go and that’s back up’.
The last 6 months of 2017 I’ve spent crying and thinking … A lot ! After the initial life is shit and unfair, why take him ? and the trying to function like a zombie with bleary eyes, I began to think about who I was, what I believed in, what I love, what I hate, what I am passionate about, what would my daddy want for me in life and what were the things my daddy was so proud of me for.
My Daddy always told me he was proud of me for loosing weight even though I battled everyday against several illnesses I still managed to drop a massive amount of weight (we are talking stones here), He told me that he loved and was proud of my big heart, like using my pain and struggles to starting a support group for women with PCOS that who were on Weight Watchers, so we had a place to go, to talk openly about our struggles and have that bit more support from women in then same situation, Or just being there for anyone who needed me in general at the drop of a hat. He loved that I had a passion to make things right and stand by my beliefs even when things gets tough. He loved that I wanted to make a difference in the world for people, animals and the world itself.
So all this got me thinking that me the new year was fast approaching and in 2018 I wanted to make a DIFFERENCE as Gandhi once said …
So in thinking of my news years plans and goals I wanted them to be not just beneficial to me but others too, and be that difference ! I don’t normally set New years Resolutions as I always fail but setting Goals feels different and more achievable
So I came up with two lists : Benefits Me & Makes A Difference.
Benefits Me :
- Get healthy, not just loose the weight but nourish and strengthen my body too, heal it as much as I can from the inside out.
- Ditch the bad foods and take outs in favour of wholesome and healthy meals and treats.
- Increase my water consumption, I stopped drinking alcohol three y ago as I hated what it was doing to my body and how it made me feel, so water is the next step, Hydrate hydrate hydrate !
- Have more ‘me time’ to read, meditate, create, what every I feel I need each day for me
- Find and follow my own spiritual/religious path.
- Find natural/organic beauty products that work for me to replace my mainstream ones.
- Partake in and learn new things, new hobbies and new subjects.
- Over come my anxiety attacks and panic attacks.
- Find my confidence (I know it’s in there somewhere).
- Be positive and think positively.
- Focus more on this blog and my support group.
Makes A Difference :
- Reduce the amount of trash I produce. Thinking about packaging and recycling before I buy something
- Replace as many disposable items as I can with reusable ones.
- Live a greener life in general.
- Be more aware and responsible for where my clothes come from. Buying more slow fashion items. (I will be honest and say I know not all off my clothes will be slow fashion because sadly a lot of slow fashion styles aren’t my taste)
- Reduce the use of plastic in my life.
- Buy more from smaller companies, artisans and fair trade
- Think before I speak, act or buy.
- Use my voice for what I believe in and use that voice LOUDLY.
- Be consious of the world around me
I’m sure through out 2018 more things will spring to mind but I think these are a good place to start.
So have you set any New years resolutions or goal, drop me a line or two below and tell me all about it, you know I’d love to know.
Lots of love Berry xx